Speakers will be required to sign into the Speakers Preview Room (SPR). The SPR is equipped with terminals where Speakers can upload their presentation into the network connecting all the Lecture Rooms. The system will ensure that the correct presentations are available in the right lecture room at the right time.
The facilities in the SPR at the congress venue will provide the following possibilities:
- Expert advice by technical staff onsite
- Reviewing, converting (when necessary), media embedding and uploading your MS PowerPoint presentation
- Last minute changes to your MS Power Point presentation
- Accepted media support in the SPR is the USB stick
To enable the staff to handle the technical aspects in an adequate way, the PowerPoint presentations should be prepared as per the guidelines below.
It is essential that:
- The PowerPoint Presentation saved as PowerPoint Show (PPS) to do not have a compatibility issue.
- You have a copy of your presentation on a USB stick
- The presentation is handed in on time at the SPR: At least four (4) hours before your scheduled presentation time or the day before if your presentation is in the early morning
Opening hours and location
Sun. 21.05.2017: 15:00 – 18:00
Mon. 22.05.2017: 07:30 – 19:00
Tue. 23.05.2017: 07:30 – 19:00
Wed. 24.05.2017: 07:30 – 19:00
The Speakers Preview Room (SPR) is located at the entrance of the venue, in Room E001, on your right-hand side before the Registration Area.
During opening hours, the SPR will be fully staffed. Please note the potential increase of activity during coffee and lunch breaks. We advise using the SPR in the morning or during sessions.
Each session room is equipped with the following items:
- Lectern with microphone
- Data projection for PowerPoint presentations
- Laser pointer
- No personal laptop can be directly connected to the lectern computer as the presentation must be checked beforehand at the Speakers Preview Room.
- Please note that there will be NO overhead projectors or slide projectors in any of the session rooms. Should you have problems preparing a PowerPoint presentation, please contact the EMAS Congress Secretariat in advance, so that necessary arrangements can be made.
An update of the scientific program can be found here including the dates and times of presentations.
To guarantee your presentation will be displayed properly, please note the following technical requirements and general notes.
- Prepare your Power Point Show (file *.pps or *.ppsx) as per the guidelines and save it on an USB stick. Label the materials with your name, session name, session date and presentation name.
- Be in the session room at least 10 minutes before the session starts to meet the Chair of the session.
- Familiarise yourself with the equipment in the session room.
- Technical staff and a hostess will be present to assist you.
- Only PowerPoint presentations made in Microsoft Office 2013 or earlier versions can be accepted
- Any presentation format can be used that can be converted to PPT. Please note that Apple Keynote presentations cannot be converted to PPS. If you are a mac-user, please use PowerPoint for Mac. Please note that Apple Keynote presentations cannot be converted to PPS. If you are a mac-user, please use PowerPoint for Mac.
- Presentations should be formatted in a 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Presentations will be projected in a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. All video/data projectors (beamers) at the congress can visualise this resolution without a problem.
- Pictures and animation links to the internet or to other files will NOT be accessible.
- All movies should be set to start automatically as it is NOT possible to click to start a movie. If you require further information, please ask in the SPR our staff member.
- Use standard Windows fonts only; 24 font size can be read easily.
- The following codecs will be available for use:
- Integrated audio files such as mp3 or wav.
- AVI and MPEG movies, integrated in a PowerPoint presentation, using the following codecs:
- DivX H.264
- Xvid / Mpeg-4
- On2 VP7
- Mpeg-2 / Mpeg-1
- Windows Media 12
- Mov files
- Feel free to embed localised video files in your presentations. However, make sure to always bring a standalone copy of the video file to the SPR.
- Should embedded movies in a presentation not work, they will be converted at the SPR to a PowerPoint compatible format, with the EO Video® program.
- Please account for extra time in the SPR if your presentation holds one of the following features:
- MOV-file movies, TIF-file images
- Hyperlinks inside presentations
- Starting a movie by clicking it
- Flash Movies
In all cases, at the SPR your presentation and all its features will be properly tested and reviewed.